Two siblings, Moved by Music, Advanced by Art, Lifted by Life.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Son of Ranbow!


I finally saw the film that I anticipated for so long. I saw the trailer for this film way back in January or February and became very excited to see it. It was release in select features in May, but was playing no where near where I was living. Finally it came to my local dollar theater. My already high expectations were exceeded by the film. For those of you unfamiliar with the film, it takes place in the late 80's in England. The story revolves around two young boys from opposite family backgrounds. Their personalities are the exact opposite, but they find friendship and a very interesting relationship evolves. They're friendship is christened as they make a movie for the national competition, "Screen Test." Conflict upon conflict arises as these two boys fight to make their movie and fight to find themselves in a world of confusion. The film is beautifully orchestrated with all aspects of the film working in harmony to tell the story. This has become one of my favorite movies filled with laughs, intensity and love. I would highly recommend this movie to all. Great film!

No comments: