Two siblings, Moved by Music, Advanced by Art, Lifted by Life.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tally Hall Concert

Last night I saw Tally Hall Perform.  I was pleasantly suprised to find that the opening groups were just as exciting.    The opening band was called Carolina Liar.  I unfortunately only caught their closing number so no pictures.  That number I was so impressed with that I purchased their album.  It has turned out to be as good as expected.  They are an alternative band with a bit of electronica.  Here is that closing number I heard them preformed.  




Following them was one of the most fun groups I've seen in a while called De Novo Dahl.  They are an indie experimental group from Tennessee.  They had the most amazing outfits and I didn't get a good shot of them so I borrowed this picture from their website.   I didn't love their music, but their performance was superb.  One of their songs was simply for dancing and had a very upbeat bass riff that set ya groovin'.




Last but not least was Tally Hall.  They are very entertaining with their matching black pants and different solid color ties.  They are quite enjoyable with their goofy lyrics and witty comments.   They have songs that range frrom subjects of the being in love with the Olsen twins to sweet serenades to babies being born.  The singing styles varies from hip hop to ballads.   I am most impressed with their harmonies not only perfected on their album, but also done impressively well live.  Most groups don't live up to the tight harmonies produced in a studio, but Tally Hall certainly does.  Here is a great example of those harmonies.

No comments: