Two siblings, Moved by Music, Advanced by Art, Lifted by Life.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Every"Body"


Recently I have been struck with awe at the majesty of our bodies. This mainly comes from a recent study of the ear in my acoustics class. The ear is so intricately put together. Each aspect is so vital to our daily function of hearing. Most of us rarely think of what is happening as we are constantly picking up sound waves traveling through the air that enter our outer ear and travel in to be converted to mechanical energy and then to neural energy which transmits in our head and registers as sound, noise, or music. Every aspect of our bodies are just the same, perfectly designed in every way. I often am fascinated at the ability just to move my fingers. Our bodies truly are gifts and should be treated with much care. In particular we should pay heed to what goes in, what covers it, and the condition that we keep it in. Even now I am yet again impressed with the ability to type For my brain to send the synapses to my fingers to know what keys to press and the order in which to press them, at a fairly rapid pace, is truly amazing. Ironically, however, I am currently under the weather which is never enjoyable. At such a time, one might not be so optimistic about their body. I know, however, that through the intricate design of the body, this virus that I now have will be illiminated. Then in the near future I will be back to 100 %. Please take the time daily to be grateful for your body and treat it well.

No comments: