Two siblings, Moved by Music, Advanced by Art, Lifted by Life.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Little Prince.


This book has been on my list of ones to read for a while. {In fact, I listed as one of my favorite books on my blog profile, before I'd even read it- I just knew I'd like it.}
It was enjoyable. On the surface it is a simple, slightly silly story of a man and a prince he meets. This prince lives on a tiny planet, loves a flower, cleans volcanoes, and then leaves his little planet. Sounds a bit strange, yes, but the message that is transmitted through the story is one that is efficiently sent through the medium of this seemingly innocent story.
Several times, I stopped to ponder on the quite profound things that Antoine de Saint-Exuperey slipped into this simple story.
Another bonus of this little book of deep thought is that I finished it in about 45 minutes. There are some pictures drawn by the author. So both your mental capacities and your creativity are stimulated.

No comments: