Two siblings, Moved by Music, Advanced by Art, Lifted by Life.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Polar Lights



For my History of Creativity class we were asked to write a Shakespearean sonnet about love. Here is what I came up with:

If only I had the courage to express that which is inside

Of the admiration that my heart has caught.

If I could only peer inside thy mind

And see what of me thou truly thought.


Alas in this game of love, patience is key.

Consistent pursuit, an open mind, and an open heart.

None can solve this mystifying mystery,

But those involved and serve their part.


Thou doth glow as polar lights in the dawning sky.

Thy joyful countenance curves a company of lips.

Thy melodic laughter causes time to fly.

Staring into thy dazzling eyes, my heart skips.


If I might be so worthy to even be called thy friend,

How noble to thee I would be until the very end.

No comments: